2021 AP Exams
AP Students, please visit this page regularly to check for updates and additional resources that will help you prepare for the 2021 AP Exam season. You have put in the work this year and your teachers have done an amazing job preparing you for success on the 2021 AP Exams. Have confidence in yourself as you head into your exams. Be sure to go through the video, slides and To-Do List below. Following these steps will help you prepare for a smooth digital testing experience.
2021 AP Exams Digital App To-Do List
- Ensure that the AP Digital Testing App is downloaded and installed on your approved testing device. Waubonsie Valley strongly recommends use of a school issued Chromebook for AP testing. School issued Chromebooks have the digital testing app installed and accessible for the app menu on the login screen. IPSD staff are only able to provide technical assistance to students using school issued Chromebooks. Seniors may keep their Chromebooks until the end of AP Testing. Waubonsie will provide an time for seniors to drop off Chromebooks once AP testing is finished.
- Log in to the Digital Testing App using your College Board account. This should be the same username and password that you used to register for the exam and that you use to access My AP Classroom. Students should complete the demo video within the app to verify that their account has been accessed.
- Practice with Example Questions in the Digital Testing Application. Practicing with example questions exposes students to the format of the 2021 Digital AP Exams and allows them to become familiar with exam day procedures. This step is recommended for all students taking a 2021 Digital AP Exam.
3 Days Before Each Digital Exam:
Day of Your Digital AP Exam:
- Complete Exam Setup. Students are required to setup each exam they are scheduled to take during the 2021 AP Exam season. Students will need to run the setup process for each digital exam on the device the student will use for testing. Exam setup opens 3 calendar days before the exam.
Day of Your Digital AP Exam:
- Check In to the Exam. All students are required to check in to their digital AP Exam 30 minutes before the advertised start time to complete the final pre-exam checks. Students can only check in on the device they used to complete exam setup. Students can not check in from multiple devices. If students do not start the check in process before the start time of the exam, they won’t be allowed to test and will be asked to request a makeup exam.
- Wait for the Exam to Begin. After all check in steps are complete, students will see a screen that reads “Your Exam Will Begin Soon. Good Luck!” A timer at the top of the screen will count down the time until the start of the exam. The Digital AP Exam will begin automatically at the appropriate time.
Additional College Board AP Exam Resources
Traveling During AP Exams?
- Travel should be arranged around AP Testing. If travel during scheduled AP Exams is unavoidable, students should bring their testing device with them to ensure the opportunity to take their 2021 AP Exam. College Board expects students to test at their assigned time.
- Exam dates are international test dates … you can take them from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Check College Board Site to determine your testing times
- Check for CDT (Central Daylight Time) if testing locally. If traveling, change time zone, as needed, if testing from another location.
Concerns About Testing From Home?
If you do not have reliable internet access at home, or have concerns about your home testing environment, please contact your counselor to arrange an alternate testing location at Waubonsie Valley.